The Executive Agency performs functions of the Managing Authority of the Operational Programme "Science and Education for Smart Growth" 2014-2020 (OP SESG) and Programme “Education” 2021-2027 (PE) with all resulting obligations and responsibilities under the national law and European Union law:
- Organizing the processes for planning, programming and modification of the Programmes;
- Preparation and launching of procedures for awarding of grants under the Programmes, including overall organization and coordination of the evaluation process;
- Monitoring and control on the implementation of contracts / orders for granting financial support and verification of costs incurred by the beneficiaries;
- Fulfillment of the functions of Secretariat of the Monitoring Committee of OP SESG and Monitoring Committee of PE;
- Organizing, implementing and reporting on information and publicity measures under the Programmes;
- Management of financial resources in compliance with the principle for sound financial management and appropriate use of assets;
- Observing the functioning of the management and control systems, including ex-ante control over the legality of all documents and actions related to the financial activity before deciding to commit and incur expenses;
- Reporting, including preparation and submission of information to the Programmes’ control bodies;
- Preparation, management and implementation of budget lines under Technical Assistance;
- Planning and organizing trainings and career development for the personnel and upgrading the professional qualifications of the Agency’s staff.
The Agency also performs other activities arising from the obligations for the implementation, management and control of programme instruments supporting science and education, or other activities assigned by an act of the Council of Ministers or of the Minister of Education and Science.