The Executive Agency performs the functions of the managing body of Operational Programme "Science and Education for Smart Growth" 2014-2020 (OP SESG) and all resulting from this obligations and responsibilities under the national law and European Union law, which include the following main responsibilities:
- Organizing the processes for planning, programming and modification of the OP SESG;
- Preparation and launching of procedures for awarding of grants under OP SESG, including overall organization and coordination of the evaluation process;
- Monitoring and control of the implementation of contracts / orders for granting financial support under OP SESG and verification of costs incurred by the beneficiaries;
- Fulfillment of the functions of Secretariat of the Monitoring Committee of OP SESG;
- Organizing, implementing and reporting on information and publicity measures under OP SESG;
- Management of financial resources in compliance with the lawful and appropriate spending of funds and the use of assets;
- Observing the functioning of the management and control systems, including the ex-ante control over the legality of all documents and actions related to the financial activity, before deciding to commit and incur expenses;
- Reporting, including preparation and submission to the certifying body the reports and declarations of eligible expenditure through the Information system for management and monitoring of European Structural and Investment Funds;
- Preparation, management and implementation of budget lines under Priority Axis "Technical Assistance" of OP SESG;
- Planning and organizing trainings for the personnel and development and upgrading the professional qualifications of the Agency’s staff.
The Agency also performs other activities arising from the obligations for the implementation, management and control of programme instruments supporting science and education, or other activities assigned by an act of the Council of Ministers or by the Minister of Education and Science.